This five-week session prepares you for childbirth and infant feeding,
with an emphasis on breastfeeding. The class is designed to be taken in
your sixth or seventh month of pregnancy. Your instructors will be registered
nurses from the Good Samaritan Birthing Center.
Classes meet on Tuesday evenings in the Good Samaritan Cancer Pavilion
Conference Room from 6 to 8 p.m. (Vincennes time). Each session concludes
with a breastfeeding class taught by a certified lactation specialist.
Class dates and topics include:
- January 7: Last trimester and relaxation
- January 24: Labor and delivery - videos
- January 21: Epidurals, postpartum and tour of facility
- January 28: Baby care, growth and development
- February 4: Infant feeding
Classes are $10, which covers a course handbook that you can keep.