This five-week session prepares you for childbirth and infant feeding,
with an emphasis on breastfeeding. The class is designed to be taken in
your sixth or seventh month of pregnancy. Your instructors will be registered
nurses from the Good Samaritan Birthing Center.
Classes meet on Tuesday evenings in the Good Samaritan Cancer Pavilion
Conference Room from 6 to 8 p.m. (Vincennes time). Each session concludes
with a breastfeeding class taught by a certified lactation specialist.
The class size is limited to 6 couples in order to maintain social distancing
in the room.
Class dates and topics include:
- August 11: Last trimester and relaxation
- August 18: Labor and delivery - videos
- August 25: Epidurals, postpartum and tour of facility
- September 1: Baby care, growth and development
- September 8: Infant feeding
Classes are $10, which covers a course handbook that you can keep.