Good Samaritan is proud to offer three patient portals for easy access to your patient records anytime, anywhere. Click below to access MyChart. the Samaritan Center, and myGoodSamHealth portals.
MyChart, myGoodSamHealth and Samaritan Center portals are online tools that allow you and your doctor to communicate about non-urgent health care matters anytime, anywhere.
These patient-focused portals make managing your health easy and convenient!
What can you do with either portal?
You can use either portal 24/7 from any computer with an internet connection and Web browser to:
• Contact Your Doctor’s Office – Ask questions and request advice about non-urgent health concerns at your convenience.
• Refill Medication – Easily refill medications and request that your prescriptions be sent to your preferred pharmacy.
• Schedule Appointments – Request appointments even when the office is closed. You can also cancel and reschedule appointments as needed.
• Receive Lab and Test Results – Avoid unnecessary phone calls and get results more quickly.
• Request Referrals – Submit requests even when your doctor’s office is closed.
Your Personal Health Record
One of the most convenient features of patient portals is the online Personal Health Record (PHR). This service allows you to store, view and update all your health information in one secure place. You decide who has access to your medical history, ensuring your privacy.
Benefits of a Personal Health Record:
• Save Time –
All the information you need about your health care is at your fingertips, including medications, test results, allergies, immunizations and other medical history.
• Improve Quality of Care –
Ensure that all your health care providers make decisions based on your complete, up-to-date medical history. A PHR can help providers make diagnoses, prescribe medications and monitor treatment plans.
• Connect Everyone Involved In Your Care –
Giving all your providers access to the same health information ensures seamless communication and care coordination, which means fewer potential errors and improved overall care.
• Manage Your Dependent’s Care –
A PHR helps you manage care for a spouse , children or aging parent. Children under the age of 14 will not be able to create a mychart account, but parents will be able to have proxy access to health records.
• Manage Chronic Conditions –
A PHR can help you and your provider manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. These conditions require continuous tracking of test results, treatments, medications and other information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be charged for using a patient portal?
No. There is no charge for routine communications, such as appointment requests, lab results and medication refill requests.
Is my privacy protected?
Yes. Unlike email, a patient portal message uses secure technology. Only you, your doctor and your doctor’s staff have access.
How can I sign up?
If you are already signed up and enjoying the benefits of a patient portal, please tell your friends and family so they can reap the same benefits.
Not signed up yet?
Call your provider’s office or the Health Information Department at Good Samaritan (812) 885-3371.