Tara Cardinal, OTR
Jackie Faulkner, OTR
Alicia Houchin, OTR
Alicia Tinsley, OTR
Josh Helderman, COTA
Kyle Reed, COTA
Occupational Therapy Services
Splinting: Custom and Pre-fabricated
Occupational therapy utilizes positive, fun activities as a treatment to help people achieve independence and enhance their self-esteem and sense of accomplishment. Treatment plans are always individualized and one-on-one care is provided.
Our occupational therapy staff provide a caring environment to those individuals whose abilities are threatened or impaired by aging, physical injury or disease, psychological or social disability or developmental deficits. Patients are assisted with various activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing and feeding). When appropriate, our team assists the patient and their family with training and selection of adaptive equipment.
Occupational therapy procedures include:
- Self-care training
- Therapeutic exercise
- Hand therapy
- Carpal tunnel prevention instruction and treatment
- Arthritis self-help (management of daily activities)
- Low vision training/adaptation (for patients with limited vision)
- Traumatic hand/upper extremity injury
- Modalities (use of heat/cold treatment to decrease pain/increase flexibility)
- Splinting: custom and pre-fabricated
- Pre-driving assessment (assesses reaction time and safety)
520 S. Seventh St.
Vincennes, IN 47591