Good Samaritan is taking extra precautions to protect patients, employees,
visitors and the general public following the Indiana State Department
of Health announcing confirmed cases of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) in Indiana.
This is the lastest update on procedures being put into place at Good
Access to Good Samaritan for patients are at these areas:
Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Open for oncology patients only. Patients will be screened and an appointment
will be verified.
No visitors are permitted until further notice
In light of the rapidly-changing COVID-19 pandemic, and the critical importance
of protecting patients and staff, Good Samaritan will be further restricting
Exceptions will be made for one visitor in the areas below:
- Outpatient Surgery
- Inpatient Surgery (Before Surgery, day of surgery only)
- Patients without mental capacity to answer questions or make decisions
- End-of-life discussions and visitations
- Pediatric patients - 1 parent or guardian
- Laboring Mother, 1 laboring partner for entire stay
- Behavioral Health at Discharge for Treatment Plan
All approved visitors with exceptions must be at least 18 years old unless
they are the parent of a patient, or are an emancipated minor.
All Visitation Exceptions will be verified and is at the discretion of
All patients and visitors allowed by exception will be screened upon arrival.
At Physician Network offices patients will be limited to one visitor accompanying
them who is over the age of 18. However, anyone above the age of 65 will
be asked to remain outside of the clinic.
Health Assessment Screening
Every visitor and outpatient who enters the hospital will have to complete
a health screening assessment. The Visitor/Outpatient Health Screening
includes six yes or no questions that include:
- Have you had fever in the past 48 hours?
- Have you had diarrhea or vomiting in the past 48 hours?
- Have you had symptoms of a respiratory infection such as shortness of breath,
cough, sore throat, etc.?
- Have you traveled to areas with sustained COVID-19 (China, Japan, South
Korea, Italy, Iran)?
- Have you been in contact with someone with known or suspected coronavirus Covid-19?
- Are you under 18 years of age?
CLICK HERE to download the Visitor Screening Form
Patients who answer yes will be provided a mask to proceed to their health
Valet service at the hospital has been suspended until further notice as
well, however, a shuttle will still be available to pick up patients in
the parking lot. Patients coming to the hospital for an outpatient visit,
please be on the lookout for the valet shuttle for a ride to the door.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH)
Jump to Section:
Back to Main Page